Telkom Wins4Dayz Standard Terms & Conditions
PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE CONDITIONS NOTED BELOW AS PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION WILL CONSTITUTE AS AN AGREEMENT AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
TELKOM RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS DISCRETION, TO CHANGE, MODIFY, ADD, OR REMOVE PORTIONS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME BY POSTING THE AMENDED CONDITIONS. PLEASE CHECK THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERIODICALLY FOR CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION AFTER THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION SHALL MEAN THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- All Telkom’s standard Terms and Conditions apply. Subscription to and use of the content services are subject to the Terms and Conditions applicable to that service.
- The Directors, Permanent or Temporary Employees of Telkom and their immediate/direct family members/dependents as well as Agencies of Telkom shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Immediate family shall mean the Telkom Employee’s spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, adopted children and step members.
- This Competition is open to all Telkom Mobile customers (Prepaid, Post-paid and Hybrid).
- In order to participate in this Competition, the Telkom customer should:
– Select the activation option for the competition on the *176# or dial *180# on the USSD menu.
– Complete the activation instructions on the http://telkomplus.co.za portal.
- Select the activation option for the competition on the *176# or dial *180# on the USSD menu.
- Subscription to one of the promoted content services costs R3.00 per day for each service the customer chooses to subscribe to.
- Telkom or its authorized agents will contact the winners once the draw is made. Winners will receive an SMS on the day that they win, an agent will call them immediately after this. If a winner cannot be contacted within 5 (five) days from the date of the first call, or a notified winner refuses the prize or does not provide the necessary documentation within 15 (fifteen) days of notification, then Telkom will contact the runner-up winner. The prize is then forfeited by the initial winner. The same rules shall apply to the runner-up from date of notification. Neither the winner nor any runner-ups will have any claims against Telkom in this regard.
- The winner should be the owner of the Mobile Subscriber Integrated Services Digital Network-Number (MSISDN) (cellphone number) used to participate in the Competition.
- Any dispute of ownership of the MSISDN will result in that MSISDN being disqualified from this Competition.
- Telkom may send SMS reminders to players to encourage them to participate on a given day but these reminders are sent at the sole discretion of Telkom and may not be sent to all registered players.
- The initial duration of this Competition was set to run from 20 August 2021 and end on 27 November 2021, however, as of 17 November 2021, this Competition has been extended for a further duration, and shall end on 13 January 2022, being the amended Competition end date. This amendment is in line with clauses A, B, C above and clause 40 below.
- Customers will be awarded points for taking any one of the following actions described below while participating in the Competition. Each point is equal to one entry into the applicable draw.
- Action Points Awarded:
– Register as a participant in the free trivia game – 500;
– Answer a trivia question incorrectly – 10;
– Answer a trivia question correctly – 100;
– Subscribe to the VIP level – 1000;
– A successful daily charge – 500;
– Subscribe to one of the promoted content services – 1000;
– Once a player has signed up to VIP they will earn double the number of points for the actions described b, c, e and f above.
- Customers stand a chance to win the one of the following prizes:
– All participants (including free, VIP level and content subscribers) stand a chance to win one of R20 000 (twenty thousand) daily airtime prizes to the value of R5.00 (five Rand) or R10.00 (ten Rand). (3 000 R5.00 prizes and 500 R10.00 prizes per day over 100 days for a total of 350 000 prizes). Winners will be selected randomly from the pool of qualified entries.
– Participants who successfully subscribe to the VIP level stand a chance to win one of five grand prizes to the value of R100 000.00 (one hundred thousand Rand) in cash each. Five prizes valued at R100 000.00 (one hundred thousand Rand) each for a total value of R500 000.00 (five hundred thousand Rand). The winner will be selected randomly from the pool of qualified entries.
– With reference to clause 12 above, as part of the extended campaign running from 28 November 2021 and ending on 13 January 2022, all participants (including free, VIP level and content subscribers) stand a chance to win one of five weekly cash prizes to the value of R50 000 (fifty thousand Rand) and daily airtime prizes to the value of R5.00 (five Rand). The winner will be selected randomly from the pool of qualified entries.
- Draws for the daily prizes will be conducted electronically in real time throughout the campaign.
- Draws for the weekly prizes will be conducted weekly throughout the campaign for the previous week.
- Draws for the Monthly prizes will be conducted monthly throughout the campaign for the previous month
- Customers can only win one prize from categories “15.b” outlined above. So, for example, if a customer wins a Grand cash prize, they will be disqualified from the remainder cash prizes
- Participants must submit a minimum of one valid answer to a trivia question, to be entered into the daily airtime draw.
- VIP participants must have had an active subscription during the time of the draw in order to qualify for entry into the draw.
- Content service subscribers must have at least one active subscription during the time of each draw in order to qualify for entry into the draw.
- For any cash prizes Customers need to have at least one successful subscription charge.
- Customers will have the opportunity to re-claim their previously earned points in the event that they accumulate points, opt-out of participation and subsequently opt back into participation.
- When a user unsubscribes his points for subscription events will be deducted.
- Airtime prizes will be credited to the account associated with the MSISDN selected as the winner for that airtime draw.
- Cash prizes will be paid to qualified winners via an Electronic Funds Transfer into the winner’s preferred bank account at a South African financial institution as indicated by the winner.
- The prize money will be paid into a South African bank account. If you are a winner and you do not have a South African bank account, you must provide Telkom with a letter signed by you and the account holder where both parties consent to using the account holder’s bank account to receive the prize money. The letter must stipulate that you, as the winner, nominate a person with a South African bank account to receive the prize money on your behalf. Telkom will not be held liable should any dispute arise between the winner and the recipient account holder.
- Prizes are not transferable into cash.
- Prizes not collected after 5 days of attempting to contact the winner shall lapse and become void.
- The draw for daily airtime winners will occur daily for the duration of the competition. Airtime winners will be notified by SMS only.
- Airtime winners will not be subject to the content of item 34.
- The draw for the grand prize will take place within 10 days from the end of the campaign.
- After the draw, Telkom or its authorised agents will make Five attempts to contact the selected MSISDN (winner) to verify the owner’s personal details (proof of identification and address) and inform the winner of their prize. On the fifth failed attempt, the winner will forfeit the prize and the alternative winner(s) drawn will be awarded the prize.
- Telkom’s decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- All participants agree and authorize Telkom – for the purposes of this Competition – to identify, announce as the winner’s, have their names, images or photographs taken and published in the media which may include print, television, press and internet (at no additional cost to Telkom). Failing to agree will result in such a participant forfeiting the prize to the next alternative winner.
- Should the winner be a minor under the custody and control of his or her parent(s) or guardian, the minor shall provide full particulars and proof of identification of said parent(s) or guardian to whom the prize will be delivered. Such particulars and proof shall state, inter alia, the nature of the relationship between the winner and the parent(s) or guardian concerned. Such prize shall be registered in the name of the parent or legal guardian.
- The prize and/or prize money is not transferable.
- Once the winners have taken possession of their prizes, all risk and responsibility associated with the prizes passes to the winner and Telkom will in no way take responsibility or assume any liability for, or in connection with, the prizes or the use thereof.
- Telkom reserves the right to review and change this competition’s rules and format, or cancel it altogether.
- Telkom reserves the right to disqualify any customer from participation in this competition in light of any malpractice or manipulation of results that Telkom believes has taken place.
- As proof of ownership, the winner may be required to produce the handset and SIM card used to participate in the competition, along with the winner’s legal identification document.
- Winners may be required to sign acknowledgement of receipt of the prize.
- By participating in this competition, the participants are bound and subject to all the Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
- Telkom shall be indemnified against any technical errors beyond its reasonable control.